Well, I bought my primo xl in May of this year. I have grilled more this year than I can ever remember doing before. Let's see. . .

3 beer can chickens
chicken wings - spicy bbq, whiskey, and jerk
chicken drumsticks a couple of times
12 lb turkey for TG smoked with mulberry and cherry and dusted with blackened seasoning
4-5 briskets using Ko'C's method
burgers a couple of times
pork steaks a couple of times
porterhouse steaks 3 times
pulled pork butt
pork loins
eye of round roast
ka-bills - like ka-bobs but no sticks (I should trade mark that)
mock tender steaks a couple of times - kinda like fillet but a cheaper cut of meat, still very tender
ribeye steaks
spare ribs mmmmm, mmmmm.

and I think that's about it.

Overall, it's definitely been an awesome grilling season due to primo ownership. I say often that my primo is like my LCD TV, if either one of them breaks one day, it'll be replaced the next. I really couldn't be happier with my decision to get the primo.

I'm not big on posting here but I do enjoy the website. The overall positive nature and willingness to share recipes and ideas are a great compliment to the grilling experience.

My wife and I have definitely ate out a lot less this year but one place we still like to go is Outback. I'm sure that will get a lot of boos and hisses but I really like the thick prime rib steak. It seems to me that the beef flavor is the real highlight of the steak - rather than a seasoning or smoke or marinade. So . . . for xmas dinner with my parents I'm thinking of getting a prime rib roast and marinating it in Super Smokers Mississippi Mud, which is a mild marinade that should allow the natural beef flavor to prevail, and cooking it on lump with no smoking wood added. I plan on using a drip pan to catch all the juices that manage to seep out and will further catch what comes from slicing after the cook. The juice I plan to use to sear some mushrooms with some red wine to make a kind of mushroom aus jus. Caesar salad, garlic bread and steamed broccoli, cauliflower, squash mix to round it all out. So take that Outback! We'll see.