I recently purchased the XL oval I wanted this grill over the green egg as I feel that the oval allows me more versatility. The green egg dealer is 2 miles from my home the closest Primo dealer was 80 miles away. It was worth the drive. I have cooked on it 3 times and I must say that this is the best grill I have ever owned.

Now to my issue. I purchased the grill along with the fire box divider, two d plates, the grates for the d plates, ash tool, Pizza stone and two of the taller extension grates, there were two young women working at the store where I purchased, I asked how we were going to load the unit in my truck they stated they would as it was require for them in case any damage occurred. The grates, fire box, and such were removed from the unit. They moved the unit next to my truck, before I could see what was taking place one of the women grabbed the grill from the back hinge which caused the band to come off of the bottom section. I felt it would be ok and carried it home in two pieces. I built a table for the egg to rest in. after installing the grill in the table, I reassembled the grill band to the lower half. I noticed that the fit was not centered and the top half kicked to the left slightly. The problem begin to increase every time I would open the grill. To the point where I had a ¾” gap on the back in front of the hinge. I cooked pizza in the grill last night, as I was checking the pizza the band slipped off of the grill. The back of the band is bent, causing the angle to increase. I finally removed the band from the top section and lifted the dome off and on by hand, remember I had a 400 degree fire going with a pizza on the stone. By moving the dome by hand it also caused the bottom gasket to pull away from the bottom half of the grill. I am totally aware that this is not a warranty issue due to the fact it was human error on the part of the distributor.

After explaining this to Customer Service without hesitation the woman stated they would send me the two bands and the gasket. It truly means something when it says "Made in America".

Great Grill-Great Company