I have been a customer for about 1 month now. Have really enjoyed my cooking experience and though I still have a great deal of learning to do, am satisfied with the progress.

Nothing is ever perfect and what differentiates the good companies from the bad is how they handle issues. Without a doubt, Primo has been one of the most responsive companies I have dealt with in my personal life and on the short list of those I deal with at work.

Sheer Fields is by far one of the best people to interact with in both a pre and post sales perspective. She answered nearly ALL my questions when thinking about the Oval XL and properly triaged my calls that required some additional technical depth. In the post-sales role, she has handled several minor issues with clear and concise communications, properly setting expectations and has made things right on ALL occasions. This is especially key when dealer network is small in my area and the customer needs to interact directly.

- Sheer, Primo (George) - Excellent product and outstanding customer service! It is rare to have a company so firmly stand behind their product. Treat your customer right and watch them multiply!

Kudos!

Ted