I've been a Primo owner for about 3 years now. I bought an all in one round Kamado after initially wanting a Big Green Egg and briefly getting sidetracked with the idea of Kamado Joe. When I saw the Oval XL, I couldn't ignore Primo anymore. I felt at the time that it was a bit bigger than I needed and a bit more expensive than I intended. I think the most I had ever spent on a grill before was MAYBE $100 and it was a big step up. The Primo Kamado was still a huge investment, but better value than BGE and I was confident better quality than KJ...and probably BGE too.

I have made some AMAZING food on my Primo and it's changed my relationship (in a good way) with my neighbors. I have never regretting spending the money or choosing Primo over alternatives. I have only one nagging regret...I wish I had spent the money on the Oval.

I still think the XL is probably bigger than I need, but the size wouldn't be a problem. The Large Oval wasn't out when I bought or maybe was brand new and fully comparable in terms of accessories as the XL or I might have tipped that way. I'm tempted to upgrade at this point, but probably won't. I have great cooks on my round Kamado and am a happy, happy customer. But if I had it to do over again...