There is one problem about trying to decide upon getting a Ceramic grill.... We do not know just what we do not know!!!

I can say that, that was it with me.... But am glad my wife said just get the XL!!!! I never thought we would be doing Pizzas, or baking bread, feeding a boys soccer team for an end of the year party!!! Or hosting a barbecue for 18... But you can, and once you can you will!!!

About the XL... It is a grilling smoking machine!!! You will never regret getting a Primo or the XL!!! I say that most of the time I have divider in with one D-rack when grilling!!! I have a family of 5 and with a couple teenagers thats fine... Except when; we have company, we cook ribs (contemplating a UDS build for just my ribs), BBQ'ing chickens, and smoking some salmon.... Thats when you use it all... Also doing the Finney method on steaks... It is about enough for 6...

So yes a JR is adequate for probably 60% of the time... BUT!!! I do end up using the second rack quite often!!!

I even wish they made one large enough to do 4 slabs of ribs FLAT!!! (those dry rub ribs don't do too well on a rib rack)

I have had 2 7# boston butts and a 14# brisket on just the bottom level!!!

I have had 2 15# turkeys at Thanksgiving time... Neighbors always appreciate you smoking a turkey for them...

You never think you may use it all, but host a Birthday party for teenage boys and you will use every bit of it and wish for more!!! You do not understand yet how much you will use it. There's the potatoes, eggplant, squash, Mac n cheese, beans, and sides that will fit there as well...

I have neighbor with The XL egg and Kamado Joe... They wish they had the Grill Estate of the PRIMO XL!!!! Could you get by without it? Yes, but will you use it? Yes!!! If you don't have it will you wish you did? Yes....