I started using mine about 2 months ago figuring I would have a significant learning curve before I would invite people over or even eat the food myself. I was wrong. From the very first time, it was amazing.
I cannot state enough that with the Primo and just the normal internal accessories I have made some truely amazing food. The first time I made turkey, it was the best I ever ate. Same goes for the ribs.
Even without a blower it is super easy to regulate temperatures after just one use. I can't believe how I look forward to spending my weekends smoking something. I am inviting friends over for a BBQ just for an excuse to cook (and show off).
I love to cook with this. On a few occasions I have smoked something yummy and when I pull off the food I can get the coals up to grilling temp and BOOM I'm serving a slow smoked meal with some burgers etc to solve that menacing issue of not being able to please everyone with one thing. (usually kids)
I have neighbors who I seldom talk to, repeatedly asking "when are you going to have a neighborhood party?"
I have had guests walk over from a couple blocks away and their 5 year old daughter asked from a block away "Is that Pete's BBQ I smell?" I know I drive the neighbors CRAZY with the beautiful aromas but I'm OK with that and I'm sure you will be too.
I always said I'll never spend that kind of money on a "grill". I would recommend to anyone who asks that he/she digs deep if needed and find the money for it as this is a lifetime investment and waiting to get it is my only regret
I recommend getting the XL because I found that I am cooking way more food for family and friends than I ever did before. Do not compare the amount of food you cooked in the past. This bad boy is destined to make you popular with family and friends.

Good luck to you and your Primo.