By Habanero Mike from San Francisco Bay Area on 3/20/2007
Pros: High Quality, Versatile, Good Value, Durable
Best Uses: Direct / Indirect/ smoking
Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

Versatile Direct and Indirect BBQ

I have done my research and this is the BBQ I choose. My only complaint is I wish I would have purchased the Primo sooner. If you love to BBQ long and slow this is a must.
First you need to be sold on a Komodo type cooker i.e., ceramic. From there, you have the choice of about three brands, Primo, Komodo its self, or Big Green Egg. Below I have listed the key points.

Ceramic in general:
Pros
- Well insulated so food does not dry out
- Keeps flavor in and you can taste a difference
- Extremely efficient with charcoal
- Can grill at a searing 700 degree or smoke at 150 degrees and everything in-between
- Keeps temperature even an consistent
- Starts up in ten minuets

Primo Oval vs. Green Egg
Primo and Green Egg benefit from everything above as they are both ceramic cookers, but Primo oval has the following advantages:
1. Larger cooking area, the Green Egg is only 18” and is very limited; Green Egg owners will say the same thing.
2. Extra extended cooking racks to even add more space.
3. Iron divider for true indirect cooking.
4. Not Green Green Egg only comes in Green.
5. A great User Page full of supporting users as well as, the people at Primo are super helpful and knowledgeable.

Lastly, the great thing about this BBQ is the ease of use; I cooked a brisket for 18 hours and never need to add charcoal or even lift the lid during the entire cook! I truly believe Primo is the Cadillac of the ceramic cookers.