Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Pics of the new Ceramic "D's"

Quote Originally Posted by dixiecal View Post
    What are the D's for, Mike, other than pizza??
    Hello and welcome! As Larry and Ken noted, they are used for a lot more than just pizza - anytime you want indirect, they are the ticket.

In my other thread from today I used them with beef ribs - you can see them in the first picture. Often I'll just use a piece of foil over the D's to keep drippings from getting on the ceramic (say, if I'm cooking chicken), but today I went overboard with a couple of drip pans. I used these since I knew the ribs would be dropping a lot of fat over a long period of time.

- Mike

Will I have any issues using my BBQ Guru with the heat deflectors?
    I will probably have to open up the blower fan draft door a bit.

Thanks,
    Wig

not at all, after all the Guru is to be used in low and slow environment ( defenitely in temp less than 400F.
    what i always do is use aluminum "shielding"
    "shielding" means shape an aluminum foil into a long strip with a groove thru it's length "V shaped" and have the wires lay in that groove, while securing the foil ends with one end around the metal prong / and other end on the thermocouple wires OUTSIDE the Primo. Note: the wires must not be enclosed with aluminum or you can create a hotter enviroment that melts the insulation.