PDA

View Full Version : Can't Say Enough about Primo's Products and People!

wadeatl
10-17-2009, 06:45 PM
I have been meaning to write this for years but have not taken the time until now. I purchased an XL Oval 5+ years ago from George and have used it hundreds of times. I've had a couple minor issues over the years and George and his team have always taken care of me like I was family.

A month or so back I was smoking 8 butts .. about 70 lbs at one time (try that on any other ceramic!) and at the end had a little more drippings that I liked on the bottom. I opened the vents to burn off the drippings and walked a way .. well for a while .. and came back and the grill was nuclear hot ... Didn't think anything of it until I noticed dripping coming from the bottom of the grill. I looked under and was shocked to see a crack.

Note*** - Many times I have had the grill this hot .. but never for an unknown time.

Needless to say, I made a call to Primo and talked with Kevin and Sheer (nice to see George not having to answer the phones now a days) and they instantly hooked me up with a new bottom. I informed them that I had and "old" gray model and Sheer instantly said OK no problem we will get a new base and lid ready for you!

Now I have to say I have a green cooker as well that I use when I am only grilling for my wife and myself .. and have several friends that own Primo Ovals as well (based on my advice). They are all happy .. I am convinced this is the only grill I need for life. The smaller green one is just for convenience from time to time. You can read all the other messages and forums about advantages and disadvantages but at the end of the day no one has a product that competes with the versatility

Cooking area

Adding charcoal on a long cook with out taking all of your meat and ceramics out

Ease offset/indirect cooking and searing without changing

I have nothing bad to say about the other brands .. heck I have one .. but if you are only going to by one grill/smoker the Primo Oval is the only game in town. And to top it off they have world class customer care.

Thanks Guys!

Wade Jenstead

Roswell, GA