PDA

View Full Version : From Eric Weinstein

King-O-Coals
08-29-2007, 10:10 AM
I was a dedicated Rusthead, having learned to smoke foods on a $30 ECB, and then on a New Braunfels Black Diamond. I was yearning for something more, something more exciting, more esoteric. I was looking at high-end steel smokers, from companies in Texas and Louisiana, and an office buddy of mine asked "have you thought of ceramic?" Honestly, I hadn't, because of capacity, but he told me that he was surfing the web, and had read about an oblong shaped smoker. A few clicks later, I disovered Primo. I immediately fell into lust with that Oval. A few phone calls to George and a couple of conversations with my wife later, I had my Oval on my patio, and in its table, ready to roll.

After assembly, and some great forum give and take with the likes of Tim M., Char Woody, Rumrunner and the rest of the devotees, I was up in running.

Two years later, friends are still commenting on my "smoked brisket" and my beef ribs; my wife and kids dig the salmon. Friends ask when they can come over for a meal, and my buddy Larry even bought me 3 ducks last summer and had me cook them for an end of the summer BBQ. While the learning curve was short, the accolades, and most importantly the taste, have become legendary.

I cannot get enough of the Oval, the forum, and Primo, as a company dedicated to customer service and manufacturing products that fit the needs of their customer.

Eric Weinstein