PDA

View Full Version : Going with Primo was the RIGHT decision!

BBQ Master
05-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I spent about a year dreaming about buying one of the ceramic green things. I had not heard about PRIMO. Luckily for me by waiting that long I did finally discover this forum and decided to buy the Primo XL. My reasoning was the fact it was American made and also the fact there were so many testimonials about the great service from Primo.

I received my XL a little less than a year ago for a father's day gift. Started using it immediately for cooking everthing under the sun to the point my wife wants to get rid of the ovens in the house to make room for other things since she never uses them any more.

A few weeks ago my firebox broke completely in half. I was really sad:( I was afraid to use it because charcoal was actually against the side of the outside shell. I took a couple of pictures and sent them to Primo. Bam! within a couple of hours I got an email back asking for my address and saying they would send out a new firebox. No shipping cost due to I had it less than a year. I wrote back and said that when I received my XL originally the ceramic ash plate in the bottom was cracked in half. I have used it all along but wondered if I could also get that replaced. The answer was shot back that "sure that would be no problem".

I then left for a trip half way around the world. The wife had emailed me while gone that the new parts had arrived. When I got home from my trip, and after traveling for 26 hours straight, I kissed the wife hello, changed my clothes and immediately changed out the firebox and plate. I had my XL fired up and did smoked chicken quarters for dinner. How wonderful after a diet of Asian food.

Once again going with the Primo was the right decisionThumb Up

Thank you Primo, and thank you to all that had posted the testimonials convincing me to buy the XL.