PDA

View Full Version : why PRIMO is the one to buy

chefarnoldi
09-11-2007, 04:49 AM
the oval shape lends itself to the natural shape of most foods that allows the preparation of food such as rib racks, salmon, kabob skewers that can be placed lengthwise on the cooking grid. The Junior is size-designed so that 2 chickens can be easily placed side by side on the grid.
Being an oval, allows the use of a firebox divider (divide the firebox into two sections) that gives me the versatility to cook food directly above the burning lump, or move it over to the other side to finish cooking indirectly (all this without having to convert anything)
The grid system is designed in two sections, that makes it very versatile by allowing me to have one grid portion flipped over to bring the food closer to the fire (for searing) while the other side can be at gasket level for regular cooking. Additional grids are available that just fit easily above the main cooking grid- i use those when i do wings, giving me extra cooking space, or when doing low and slow @ 225°F for briskets & pulled pork.
by placing a 14" pizza stone on the Junior cooking grid, you can bake some fine breads at 350°F, ot do a pizza at 450-500°F (12 minutes).
To clean the oval is easy as well:
i slide a plastic shopping bag under the unit just under the lower vent area and with an ash tool scrape out the ash/small lump into the bag. after several cooks i remove the remaining lump and lift out the charcoal grid and use an old paint brush to sweep out the accumulated ash into a plastic bag.
The outside of the primo is well designed with a shiny/bumpy, smooth black finish that is easy to keep looking like new.
The customer service is the best - everyone is friendly and willing to do anything to make the customer a happy user and open to suggestions of improvents (such as this new website).
as said above, the PRIMO is a grlling machine, smoker, and oven.
i am a proud owner of a PRIMO
Patriot - made in ATLANTA, GA