PDA

View Full Version : why i love my Primo Oval

ShowMePrimo
09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
crs This is the question to answer. I had a Broil Master grill for 28 years (gas) loved it, then it finally started falling apart, a cousin had bought a BGE and then a Nephew, they raved about them, then I started surfing the web to see about others, and came across the primo, went to www.primogrill.com and read the user forum and found that there were many advantages to the Oval vs. the BGE. I received mine around April first from Smoke N Fire in Overland Park Ks. I purchased the drip pan racks, the bricks, the extra grates, a table to hold it, (see pictures) after a little practice, and lots of reading, I grilled my first food, was perfect. I haven’t looked back since. The cousins agree that I have much more capacity to grill and smoke, I have a fella making me a set of rib racks, will post a picture of these. The brisket I do is to die for, a American Royal board member told me it’s the best brisket he has ever had, I just use Happy Cow rub from Wichita and Dizzy Pig rub for beef and brisket, and it turns out perfect every time, the key is the internal temp of the meet, and cooking it slow, and NOT PEAKING. I cook it at 225 for as long as it takes the meat to get to 205.

All in all this is the best grill I have ever had, and that’s after 28 years of cooking on the Broil Master. Every one in the neighbor hood loves the smoke, I have a neighbor who wants to trade me some hickory limbs for some BBQ, makes it very fun!
Thumb Up crs I be Grillin'