PDA

View Full Version : Blown away

djldoc
06-18-2013, 08:50 PM
I can honestly say that I am blown away by the food that has come off my primo. My grilling obsession began years ago with a gasser (outdoor oven as I now refer to them) and has steadily grown with the addition of multiple cookers of all shapes and sizes. I have owned, cooked on, or eaten food off of stick burners, gassers, pellet smokers, kettles, WSMs, open pits, UDSs, and probably some others that I just cant think of at this time. My personal preference was always the webber kettle, (I owned all sizes, eventually graduating to the 26.75), which fed many a person over the years, and always received high praise, producing quality, consistent food with every cook. Recently, I was hearing more and more about ceramic grills, and after researching for quite a while, I knew I wanted a Primo xl. From everything I read, It seemed as though the quality of food, craftsmanship, etc was pretty equal across the board on all the mainstream cookers. It was the versatility of the pimo xl that ultimately sold me. I have had the opportunity to cook a brisket, spare ribs, split chicken breasts, burgers, steaks, grilled pears with gorgonzola, asparagus, and a couple other veggies on my new grill. I am amazed by the ease of use, consistency of the food, and mostly by the moisture content of the food. My food was always moist, but there was a noticeable difference on the primo. I used all the same seasonings, techniques, etc., and improved upon something that I thought was pretty good to begin with in the first place. If anyone is debating on whether or not it is worth it, just go get one.