PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to the Primo makers.

Smoky Mike
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi all, just wanted to be another guy bragging about his Primo XL. First a bit about myself. Regular guy, slight cooking skill... My cooking skills are found "wanting" as they used to say back in the old days :) I'm the guy who has to read the cooking directions on the side of a box of mac and cheese- no joke. With grilling however I do ok. I'm usually the guy who gets asked to grill because everyone else burns up everything lol. I THOUGHT I had learned to grill pretty well on a gas grill. Man, after eating just one burger off this Primo it made everything I made on other grills seem like dog food. I have since made beer can chicken,more burgers and dogs, Cream chees filled banana peppers, pulled pork- which tasted better than every "BBQ" place in my town except for one. Last night I made a pulled ham because I saw Mr Butcher do that and it looked good- it IS!! I also cooked up some baked beans in a cast iron skillet while the ham was finishing up. I added in some Turnip greens and I was in country boy heaven. I can honestly state that I have no idea what I'm doing ( I briefly thumbed thru the owners manual to make sure I didn't do anything stupid) on this grill and it still takes care of me and make me look like a rock star to my family! haha.
My only complaint with the grill is that the food is too dag on good! I'm going to have a heck of a time slimming down after the holidays because I can't eat moderately with this thing! lol. Good job Primo folks on making an awesome product.