PDA

View Full Version : New Primo XL is on my short list

PeteO
06-08-2012, 09:48 PM
I started using mine about 2 months ago figuring I would have a significant learning curve before I would invite people over or even eat the food myself. I was wrong. From the very first time, it was amazing.
I cannot state enough that with the Primo and just the normal internal accessories I have made some truely amazing food. The first time I made turkey, it was the best I ever ate. Same goes for the ribs.
Even without a blower it is super easy to regulate temperatures after just one use. I can't believe how I look forward to spending my weekends smoking something. I am inviting friends over for a BBQ just for an excuse to cook (and show off).
I love to cook with this. On a few occasions I have smoked something yummy and when I pull off the food I can get the coals up to grilling temp and BOOM I'm serving a slow smoked meal with some burgers etc to solve that menacing issue of not being able to please everyone with one thing. (usually kids)
I have neighbors who I seldom talk to, repeatedly asking "when are you going to have a neighborhood party?"
I have had guests walk over from a couple blocks away and their 5 year old daughter asked from a block away "Is that Pete's BBQ I smell?" I know I drive the neighbors CRAZY with the beautiful aromas but I'm OK with that and I'm sure you will be too.
I always said I'll never spend that kind of money on a "grill". I would recommend to anyone who asks that he/she digs deep if needed and find the money for it as this is a lifetime investment and waiting to get it is my only regret
I recommend getting the XL because I found that I am cooking way more food for family and friends than I ever did before. Do not compare the amount of food you cooked in the past. This bad boy is destined to make you popular with family and friends.:Feed Me:I be Grillin':Yummy:

Good luck to you and your Primo.