PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' Primo Customer Service

PigSmoker916
12-09-2011, 11:00 PM
All,
I've been cooking on my Primo now for about 9 months. I can't say every meal has been fantastic... but that's mainly my fault and a serious learning curve. Thank God there are so many experienced users on this forum. Much thanks to each of you!

Anyway, the reason for this post is I opened my Primo a few weeks ago, and my firebox was cracked in half. I consoled myself by saying I could still use it cracked. If all of the people on this forum can do it so can I! It's a rite of passage! Just shim it up and away we go... And to a great extent that was true though I wasn't able to mate the halves back up perfectly, and I think it caused hot spots where the air leaked through the crack.

So, I reached out to customer service via email. They responded within 24 hours. Since I took the time to register my Primo when I bought it, they were able to identify the issue without even looking at a picture. Apparently there was a problem with some of the grates that shipped in my serial number grouping that put pressure on the firebox and voila! Cracked firebox.

At any rate, two weeks later I received a replacement firebox and grill. No questions asked - easy peasy... They also picked up shipping costs too.

What an awesome experience! Way to be Primo! You can be sure everyone I talk to about smoking meat hears my story.